The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College believes that:
– Homework reinforces and further develops students’ learning and enables them to make connections between lessons.
– Homework develops the skills, confidence and motivation needed to succeed as an independent learner and to prepare for summative assessments.
In accordance with the KS3 and KS4 homework timetables and KS5 independent study guidance, all teachers will set relevant homework.
– Students will be expected to record all homework and deadlines in their planners.
– Completion of homework will be checked, marked and feedback given as appropriate.
– Curriculum Leaders supported by Pastoral leaders are responsible for monitoring homework in accordance with whole school procedures.
– Homework may take a variety of formats from short tasks to longer, extended work and may address a variety of learning skills.
Year 7 – 30 minutes – 1 hour per night
Year 8 & 9 – 1 hour – 1½ hours per night
Year 10 & 11 – 1½ hours – 2 hours per night
Year 12 & 13 – 3 hours+ per night
H1 Logged on SIMS. First warning.
H2 Logged on SIMS. Detention given within department.
H3 Logged on SIMS. Student issued with a Faculty After School Detention
NB. A student receiving multiple H2’s or H3’s will be placed on progress report. If this is within one faculty it will be a faculty report, if across a number of subject areas this could be a mentor report or pastoral report.
Show My Homework is an easy to use, online homework calendar for schools. Teachers set homework; this appears on the homework calendar with all the relevant details such as deadlines and resources. Students and parents can access this at any time via the web or their mobile phone, making homework accessible and transparent for everyone.
Please click below to view homework timetables: