Our Sixth Formers Are Successful
Our alumni continue to be an important part of our school. Former students play a key role in offering guidance and support to current students, especially in their post-18 applications. Our alumni network is growing and we continue to offer careers support and guidance up to the age of 25 to former students.
Our strong mentoring programme and committed sixth form team support our students through their studies to a successful progression into university, work, or training.
- Wide variety of visiting speakers from industry, universities, and gap year organisations.
- Visits to universities, including the UCAS convention.
- Careers guidance.
- Volunteering and part-time work noticeboard.
- Oxbridge and medical, dental, and veterinary career support.
- Higher education evening.
- Work shadowing placement.
- Mock interviews and CV and applications support for both university and work.
Support, Encouragement, and Success
We are very proud that in 2015 all our year 13 students who applied to university received offers. The Ridgeway Sixth Form has the highest percentage of students accepted into university in the area. In 2015, 70% of our year 13 students went on to university, with 30% of students going to Russell Group universities.