The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College fully embraces the Duke of Edinburgh award and has a vibrant cohort of students completing all levels of the award.
The Duke of Edinburgh Award comprises three stages — Bronze, Silver, and Gold — and involves participating in activities such as skills, physical activities, volunteering, and an expedition. Completion of the Award will help give you the skills, confidence, and a view on life that everyone is looking for, from employers to colleges and universities.
The Award recognises commitment, endeavour, and a capacity for teamwork, whether that be in newly discovered activities ahead or things you already do. In completing the award, you’ll make a difference to other people’s lives and your community, be fitter and healthier, make new friends, and have memories to last a lifetime.
Currently, we take expeditions for Bronze to Cranham in the Cotswolds, Silver to Exmoor National Park in Somerset, and Gold to be assessed on the Brecon Beacons in Wales.
Please see the Useful Document section below for our current programmes. Please note the following pieces of information:
- If students have started the Bronze DofE programme, we require them to have completed their Bronze award before starting on the Silver Programme.
- The dates for the practice and assessment expedition are non-negotiable, so please check carefully!
- Students can participate in the Silver programme as direct entrants without having taken part in the Bronze award, although some additional time must be spent on a chosen section.
- Students can still participate in the Gold programme as direct entrants in Year 12 if they are unable to participate in the Silver or Bronze programmes. Again, additional time must be spent on a chosen section.
We strongly encourage students to get involved and take up this challenge.
For further information, please contact
Bronze DofE (Year 10): Peter Kench Bronze /DofE Coordinator [email protected]
Silver DofE (Year 10-11 & Year 12): TBC
Gold DofE (Year 10-11 & Year 12): Haydn Bessant [email protected]
DofE Manager: Petra Houston [email protected]
Bronze 2021-22 (Year 10):
- Tuesday 23rd November 15:20 - 17:00 eDofE sign up session
- 18th Jan, 15th Feb 15.20-16.20 - Preparation sessions
- 26-27th Feb 2022 - Training weekend
- 8th Feb, & 9th as a reserve for those that need to finish 15.20-16.20 - Practice expedition route planning
- 13-14th March 2022 - Practice expedition
- 16th & 17th March 15.20-16.20 - Assessed expedition route planning
- 25-26th March 2022 - Assessed expedition
- 5th April 15.20-16.20 - eDofE review
- late May/early June, exact date TBC - Completion of Skill, Volunteering and Physical sections