The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College fully embraces the Duke of Edinburgh award and has a vibrant cohort of students completing all levels of the award.
The Duke of Edinburgh Award comprises three stages — Bronze, Silver, and Gold — and involves participating in activities such as skills, physical activities, volunteering, and an expedition. Completion of the Award will help give you the skills, confidence, and a view on life that everyone is looking for, from employers to colleges and universities.
The Award recognises commitment, endeavour, and a capacity for teamwork, whether that be in newly discovered activities ahead or things you already do. In completing the award, you’ll make a difference to other people’s lives and your community, be fitter and healthier, make new friends, and have memories to last a lifetime.
Currently, we take expeditions for Bronze to Cranham in the Cotswolds, Silver to Exmoor National Park in Somerset, and Gold to be assessed on the Brecon Beacons in Wales.
We strongly encourage students to get involved and take up this challenge.
For further information, please contact
Bronze DofE (Year 9): Peter Kench Bronze /DofE Coordinator [email protected]
Silver & Gold DofE (Y10-11 & Y12): Liam Gregory /Silver & Gold DofE Coordinator [email protected]
DofE Manager: Petra Houston [email protected]
Bronze (Year 9):
- 17/10/19 3:30-5:00pm (DofE sign up session)
- 29/02/20 - 01/03/20 (training)
- 13/03/20 - 14/03/20 (practice expedition)
- w/c 16/03/20 - (route planning after school)
- 27/03/20 - 28/03/20 (assessment expedition)
Silver (Y10 & Y11)
- 22/10/19 - 24/10/19 practice expedition
- 20/06/20 - 22/06/20 assessment expedition
- 14/04/20 - 17/04/20 practice expedition
- 18/07/20 - 22/07/20 assessment expedition