The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College Learning & Education

KS4 PSHE

The Team

Mrs K Gray — Subject Staff Leader — [email protected]


Specification

  • Name — Preparation for Working Life
  • Board — AQA
  • Code — 4800 (Short Course)

Assessment of Course

The qualification is a certificate and the outcomes available are Level 1 and Level 2. level 2 is higher. The students complete a piece of controlled assessment in Year 10 which is worth 20% of their final level and the other 80% comes from their exam which they sit at the end of Year 11.

Course Content

At KS3, students are taught PSHE content (including SRE & Health education) through the mentoring programme and across four Immersion Days.

In Year 10 we study Healthy Mind & Body, the World of Work, Relationships, Government & Parliament, Freedom Writers (Prejudice & Discrimination) and Sex & Relationships Education.

In Year 11 we study Careers & Post 16 Choices and Financial Awareness.

At KS4, students have one discrete PSHE lesson a week.

Why We Study PSHE?

PSHE encourages students to discuss and share their ideas in a safe environment and developed a range of skills such as teamwork, communication and leadership. Students learn how to manage their money well, how to lead active and healthy lives and are offered advice and support when they make their Post 16 choices. PSHE helps students to become well rounded individuals, ready for the wider world.

Curriculum

Contact Us Now to Find out More about KS4 PSHE

by submitting this form you agree to our privacy policy.

The enquiry could not be sent, please make sure all the fields have been filled.

Thank you for getting in touch.

Get in Touch with us

Register for School Updates

by submitting this form you agree to our privacy policy.

The enquiry could not be sent, please make sure all the fields have been filled.

Thank you for getting in touch.

The White Horse Federation