SCIENCE LIVE AT DISNEYLAND PARIS...
On the 7th March, we took 29 Year 10 students to Disneyland Paris for the EST Science conference. The students were able to spend two brilliant days riding rollercoasters before learning about how they are designed and built.
Highlights of the trip include:
· Being the last to leave the park on the first evening after watching the fireworks
· Mr Wakefield’s delighted face as he got to ride Hyperspace Mountain! (He is a massive Star Wars fan!)
· 10 hours of near non-stop singing on the coach ride home
· Watching the Mickey and the Magician musical as a group
· Meeting the Science Live lecturers and being able to ask them questions about their careers.
· Finally being taught what a parsec is!
Both students and staff have had an incredible time and have made memories and friendships that will last for many years to come.
The students were amazing and a true reflection of The Ridgeway School. The staff at the science conference even commented on how polite, considerate and articulate the students were, stating how nice it was to have students who were genuinely interested in the science… not just Disney!
We are so proud of every student on the trip, we couldn’t have asked for a more kind, energetic and hilarious group to go with! Thank you for such a magical adventure!