Ridgeway School students are celebrating another set of excellent GCSE results this year. The impressive outcomes have been achieved in the context of the new, more challenging examinations and reflect the hard work invested by students and staff.
Key headlines include:
- P8 +0.3
- PP P8 +0.13
- SEN P8 -0.01
- HPA P8 +0.68
- 72% of students achieved a grade 4 or above in both English and Maths, with 51% achieving a grade 5 or above.
- 33% of students achieved a grade 7 (A**, A*, A) or better in Maths and 27% grades 7-9 or better in English.
- 6% of the grades awarded across all subjects were the top grade (9).
- 78% of students achieved grade 4 or above in English and 61% achieved a grade 5+.
- 79% of students achieved grade 4 or above in Maths and 62% achieved a grade 5+.
James Povoas, Principal, said: “We are delighted that the hard work and commitment of the students, the high-quality expertise provided by teachers, and the support of parents have achieved these results. The Ridgeway inspires learners for their future, and these achievements will enable them to make positive choices about their future studies and employment. We look forward to welcoming the vast majority back to R6, The Ridgeway Sixth Form, in September.”